The Bank for Business
In 2004, a small group of local business and professional people felt there was still a need for a local bank. One that was part of the community. One that understood the unique needs of businesses in the area. One that was in town, and in touch. Working totally with local investments, 1st State Bank was launched and brought together a team of some of the region’s most experienced business bankers.
1st State Bank has moved to a permanent location where we can offer drive-thru and extended hours for more convenient banking services, while we continue providing a full range of business and personal banking services, being flexible enough to meet the needs of Great Lakes Bay Region businesses and professionals, putting money to work to help build the local economy and being in town and in touch. We are confident that our current customers will continue to benefit from our services and appreciate the convenience of the new location. We also look forward to discussing our services and how we can assist future customers.
As of June 30, 2021, 1st State Bank has total assets of $450 million. Our bank offers a range of business and personal banking services to customers in the Michigan counties of Saginaw, Bay, and Midland. The Bank’s principal strategies are:
- Offering our customers front-line personnel with decision making authority that allows them to respond quickly and efficiently.
- Emphasizing personalized customer relationships complemented by the convenience and efficiency of technology.
- Offering competitively priced bank accounts and services designed to respond to the needs of the local community.
- Focusing on loans for professionals and businesses, residential mortgage lending and personal loans.
- Providing employees and customers ready access to senior management for issues beyond the authority of front-line personnel.
- Emphasizing our local board of directors and management and their extensive experience and knowledge of our market area.
- Highlighting our local ownership and the benefits of doing business with an organization that is locally owned.